The Administrative subhead Ad3 of my Department’s Vote covers expenditure relating to Learning and Development and Incidental Expenses.
The Incidental Expenses heading covers a very broad range of areas with the primary areas incurring expenditure during 2018 relating to:
- Health and safety related costs including certain furniture, cleaning equipment, clothing and materials.
- Costs associated with the hosting of various meetings and large-scale events. The Department's broad remit means it hosts many events, conferences and roadshows such as Brexit awareness raising events or other initiatives such as the "Future Jobs Ireland" launch.
- Translation and Interpreter Services.
- Annual cost associated with the Department availing of certain payroll and human resource services provided though the National Shared Services Office.
- Certain costs, such as accommodation, relating to Departmental staff representing Ireland in various roles in Brussels, London and Geneva.
The total expenditure incurred by the Department during 2018 for Incidental Expenses amounted to €1.25 million.