Tuesday, 3 December 2019

Ceisteanna (122)

Michael McGrath


122. Deputy Michael McGrath asked the Minister for Finance if he will assist a person (details supplied) in County Cork to resolve a VRT issue that has arisen concerning an imported vehicle; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [49739/19]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Finance)

To register an imported used car, a person must produce the ‘foreign registration certificate’ or ‘certificate of de-registration’ as issued by the relevant registration authority in the ‘exporting’ State. The procedures for registering an imported used car and the documents required are clearly set out on Revenue’s website at www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/guide-to-vrt/vehicle-registration-tax/procedure-at-the-ncts-centre.aspx and the NCTS website at www.ncts.ie/1155, which may be of interest to the Deputy.

Revenue has advised me that on learning of the person’s difficulties invited him to attend a meeting at its Cork office to discuss the matter. This meeting has since taken place and the matter is now fully resolved.