The pandemic recognition payment is being rolled out to eligible HSE and Section 38 staff currently. Some cohorts have received the payment, and every effort is being made by local sites to process the remainder through their payroll systems.
Separately, my Department is preparing information for those other certain healthcare employees that are covered by the Government Decision, and the process available to their employers to implement this measure for their eligible staff. I am keen for this work to conclude shortly so that rollout and payments can begin. This shall cover eligible staff in:
- Private Sector Nursing Homes and Hospices (e.g. Private, Voluntary, Section 39 etc.);
- Eligible staff working on-site in Section 39 long-term residential care facilities for people with disabilities;
- Agency roles working in the HSE;
- Health Care Support Assistants (also known as home help / home care / home support) contracted to the HSE;
- Redeployed members of Department of Defence to work in the HSE;
- Paramedics employed by the Department of Local Government, Housing and Heritage