Written Answers. - Social Welfare Benefits.


asked the Minister for Social Welfare if he will include recipients of British invalidity benefit and pensions, who are now resident in this country, in the schemes for free television licence, electricity and travel facilities; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

The question of extensions to the free travel, free electricity allowances and free television licence schemes is reviewed from time to time by my Department. A person in receipt of British invalidity benefit or pension who is permanently resident in this country and is 66 years of age or over is entitled to free travel.