Written Answers. - Social Welfare Allowances.

Joe Walsh


572 Mr. J. Walsh asked the Minister for Enterprise and Employment if persons who are currently in receipt of a deserted wife's allowance and who change to a lone parent's allowance will still be allowed participate in a FÁS scheme. [16565/96]

I assume the Deputy's question relates to participation in community employment, CE. All persons in receipt of lone parent's allowance for 12 months or more can participate in community employment. This includes deserted wives with children who have been transferred to the lone parent's allowance scheme.