26 Meith 2018, 12.38
The Joint Committee on Health will meet tomorrow to discuss the new standard operating procedure for Assessment of Need (AON) under the Disability Act 2005.
The following witnesses will appear before the Committee:
• Representatives from Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland
• Representatives from Psychological Society of Ireland
• Representatives from DCA Warriors lobbying group
• New Standard Operating Procedure for Assessment of Need under the
• Disability Act 2005
• Representatives from Health Service Executive (HSE)
Chairperson of the Health Committee, Dr Michael Harty TD said today, “Concerns have been raised about the implementation of the new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the Assessment of Need (AON). Earlier this year, the HSE announced plans for a new standard operating procedure, including a preliminary team assessment model that would be completed in 90 minutes. There is a concern that this shorter assessment time could lead to missed or flawed diagnoses. With this in mind, tomorrow the Committee will discuss the proposed SOP with a view to ensuring it does not prove detrimental to children and their families. “
The meeting will start at 9am in Committee Room 3-
Tithe an Oireachtais,
Baile Átha Cliath 2.
+353 1 618 3437
+353 86 4100 898